Friday 6 February 2015

Winter Walks


     Some days I manage to tear myself away from my laptop and netflix and go out into the world and be amongst that thing called nature. Today is one of those days. 
     After receiving some pretty upsetting news last night, my friends have rallied around me and today me and one of my oldest and best friends are going for a walk along the embankment where we live in Nottingham. It's just a stones throw away from the city centre and the Nottingham Forest football ground, but it's like a different world. It's so quiet and peaceful, with the only sounds being small ripples in the river trent and the occasional jogger or dog walker. 
     It really is one of the best walks in the city; the scenery is absolutely beautiful and I find it really clears my head and brightens my mood, especially on down days! We go quite often now.
     It's absolutely gorgeous at night too; the best view is from the bridge, where you can see the city in all its glory spread out around it and all lit up, as well as little ripples of light on the water, it's stunning. Not to mention the fact that every time I walk along it at night I feel like i'm in an episode of Made in Chelsea! I won't lie I do hum the MIC theme tune if we go at night! 
     These snaps are from the last time we took a walk along the embankment quite a few weeks ago, at the very start of the Autumn, so it will be interesting to go again today to see how it is looking down there now! I'm looking forward to seeing the little swans again too!

     What are you up to today? Let us know in the comments below! 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Beautiful pictures :)
    Rebecca // rebeccamariee.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walks are always good to clear the mind, hope you are okay. Great photos, looks so peaceful there

    http://peachyrage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Holly! It really is so peaceful there, was the perfect way to clear my head and made me feel a lot better thanks! xx

      Delete

© Armani Leigh. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig